Natalie's Blog

Bonjour! Ciao! Hallo! Olá! Kumusta! Привет! Hello!

Chalenge Nine: My review

November18

This week we had to do a review of a movie, book, etc. I have chosen to do my  review on the recently released movie Breaking Dawn: Part Two from the Twilight saga. Me and my friends Morgan (Morgan’s blog) and Julia (Julia’s blog) went to see the movie yesterday, and I loved it!

SPOILER ALERT! THIS REVIEW GIVES AWAY INFORMATION FROM BREAKING DAWN PART ONE AND TWO! THIS MAY GIVE AWAY THE STORY TO THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN THEM!

Breaking Dawn: Part two is the fifth and final installment in the Twilight series, inspired by the books by Stephenie Meyer. The series follows the love story of a teenage girl named Bella Swan (Kristin Stewart) and a vampire named Edward Cullan (Robert Pattinson). Part one left off when Bella and Edward had finally gotten married, and Bella was looking forward to their honeymoon. But, while on their honeymoon, Bella found out that she was pregnant with a vampire child, something she had previously thought impossible because vampires couldn’t have children. But she wasn’t a vampire. They rushed home from their honeymoon, and Bella decided to go through with the pregnancy despite the fact that the child was growing at an alarming rate, she was due in several weeks, and it would probably kill her. When it comes time for the delivery, Bella dies, and they try to keep her alive with CPR. But, Edward now has no choice but turning her into a vampire to save her.

Part two follows Bella’s journey as a newborn vampire. She has a husband and a daughter, and everything she ever wanted. But, Bella’s perfect life begins to unravel. Her daughter Renesmee (Mackenzie Foy), part human, part vampire, is growing too fast. At this rate, she my look like an old woman after  few years. Also, the Volturi find out about Renesmee. The Volturi are somewhat the “leaders” of vampires. They enforce general laws, which basically are to keep the secret. But the are anything but the good guys. The Volturi are ruthless, and very powerful. They think that Renesmee is an immortal child. An immortal child is when a baby is bitten and turned into a vampire. They are bad because they are frozen in time like other vampires, but they can’t learn. They will always be like babies, not able to walk, talk or develop. So, they would just kill people whenever they wanted and not hide the fact that they are vampires. So, the Volturi had to destroy them all. The Volturi are wrong about Renesmee though, because she grows every day. But will they be convinced? The Cullens begin to round up their vampire friends from around the world to be witnesses to the fact that Renesmee is not an immortal child. They enlist the help of Jacob’s pack of werewolves. The Volturi are approaching and their minds might be un-chanable, because they have their minds set on a fight. Will the Cullen’s witnesses be enough to save them? Or will the Volturi fight them no matter what happens? You will have to find out in Breaking Dawn: Part Two, the breathtaking end to the Twilight series. And, for all those people who have read the books and think they know exactly what happens, the producers threw in a special twist ending that is different from the book. It is awesome, and will totally surprise you!

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I would rate it 9 out of 10 stars. They did a great job with the movie and the twist ending was fabulous. The only reason I would not give it ten stars is because there were some slight differences between the movie and the book, which disappointed me  little. Also, in the book these events happened over a long period of time and the movie makes it seem like it was very quick. I also think that they did not do a good job portraying Bella as a vampire. She was supposed to look different from her human self, more gorgeous and glamorous, but she looked the same. However, other than that, it was extremely entertaining and it will keep you on the edge o your seat. I highly reccomend this movie, although you may want to read the books first or watch the other movies in the series so you understand it better!

Image source:FlickrCC

Challenge Nine

by posted under Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar