Natalie's Blog

Bonjour! Ciao! Hallo! Olá! Kumusta! Привет! Hello!

Challenge One: Games around the world

September17

There are many different games that people play around the world. Lot’s of the games we play today were invented by the people who first settled in the countries we live in. They would use their environment to entertain themselves, and now, they have become very popular sports. For example, in Canada a sport that was invented by first nations people is lacrosse.

Sometimes sports become popular when people settle in other countries and bring their traditions with them. When Europeans first settled in Canada, they taught the natives to play baseball. Sometimes we can’t really be sure where sports originated. The sport Soccer (or football as it is referred to in Europe) is one sport that we are not really sure where it originated. Some say it was invented in China, where they had teams on a field who had to kick a leather ball into a hole. Others say it was invented in Britain. It is still being debated.  The game of basketball was invented in Canada by a physical education teacher who wanted to find a way to keep his football athletes in shape during the off season.

One thing all of these have in common is that they use very little equipment, so that it’s easy for everyone to play. Whether you were poor or rich you could still entertain yourself without a computer or T.V.

Challenge One

Image source: FlickrCC

by posted under Uncategorized | 8 Comments »    
8 Comments to

“Challenge One: Games around the world”

1. September 26th, 2012 at 12:08 pm      Reply kevogt Says:

cool blog i like it

• November 2nd, 2012 at 3:42 am      Reply sofiaapplegate Says:

I read abook once, and it said that soccer was originated from Great Britain, and It had no boundaries, so people could go wherever they wanted, and hundreds of players could play at one time. Talk about a crazy game!

2. September 26th, 2012 at 12:14 pm      Reply cbrobertson Says:

nice blog

3. September 27th, 2012 at 2:25 pm      Reply wjs2017 Says:

Hey Natalie, this is wjs2017. I like your blog. How come American football wasn’t included. I liked how you talked about lacrosse, I have always wanted to play. You should visit my blogs at http://wjs2017.edublogs.org/.

4. November 2nd, 2012 at 1:40 am      Reply zackapplegate Says:

I like your home screen and I think it shows that you put a lot of time and effort into this. Good job.

5. November 2nd, 2012 at 2:25 am      Reply oliviaapplegate Says:

I really liked how you talked about lacrosse and soccer.
    Those are my favorite sports!
    I love you blog
    Whats your favorite sport?
    Please reply

• November 2nd, 2012 at 3:07 pm      Reply Natalie Says:

Hi!
      First of all, thank you for all your compliments! my favourite sport is volleyball. I love it. about a year ago I was very bad at it,but my friend was good. She was trying out for our city’s travel team and wanted me to try out with her so she wasn’t alone. I knew I would never make the team,so I wen tjust for the heck of it. However, that year they decided to make twoo teams and not cut any of the people. So, I made the team! I was shocked, and I didn’t think I would like it because nobody liked me, I was the worst one on the team. We practiced two nights a week for a year, and went to tournaments. At the end of the year, I was still not as good as everybody else, but I had gotten so much better at a sport I hadn’t hardly known how to play. Now I love it and I am on my school team.
      From Natalie

6. November 2nd, 2012 at 3:57 am      Reply chloeapplegate Says:

I really like your blog theme and I love how you used pictures with your posts! Great job!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar