Natalie's Blog

Bonjour! Ciao! Hallo! Olá! Kumusta! Привет! Hello!

Challenge 2: My Passion

September17

I have many interests and things that I do as pass times. But one of my favourite things to do is go horse back riding. I go whenever I can at a stable in my town. It is a great place. They have a huge farm, with lots of animals on it, some bush with riding trails in it, and a big barn. Some of the horses there are owned by other people. When people have no where to keep their horse, they bring them to the stable and pay for them to live there and be taken care of. The owners can come in and ride the horses whenever they wish. These horses are called the boarding horses. Then, the stable has trained horses that belong to the owners. These horses help do summer camps, riding lessons, therapeutic riding, and just regular trail rides. For the past three years, I have gone to the summer camp there. It is really fun, because you are assigned a horse that is “your horse” for the week. You get to groom, saddle and ride it every day. When you are not riding you are doing crafts, or playing with the other animals they have on the farm. I have gone to one year of lessons, and I am doing them again this year. I also volunteer at the the therapeutic riding program there for disabled children. When I went to my first summer camp, I had never been on a horse. But after that first week, I was crazy for horseback riding.  If I could, I would spend the whole day on the farm.

Challenge Two
Image source :FlickrCC

by posted under Uncategorized | 9 Comments »    
9 Comments to

“Challenge 2: My Passion”

1. September 17th, 2012 at 9:49 pm      Reply 110gs Says:

WOW! Outstanding post Natalie. I’ve been horseback riding a few times, but, unfortunately had some bad experiences. Great job embedding links!

2. September 17th, 2012 at 11:44 pm      Reply Miss W. Says:

Great post and image, Natalie.

When you add a link, you need to have the exact post not just the blog in general.

Also next week we will be looking at attribution for images – you need more than just the search terms in flickrcc.

3. September 21st, 2012 at 5:31 pm      Reply Hannah Says:

HI NATALIE! YOU KNOW U COMMENTED ON MY BLOG- http://mydiaryandjournal.edublogs.org/ I HAVE COMMENTED BACK AND U MAY HAVE REALISED MY SILLY FONT HAS CHANGED! SO SORRY ABOUT THAT! ANYWAY, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! HORSES BUT I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN RIDING :( I REALLY ISH TO! I HAVE BOOKMAEKED THIS AWESOME BLOG BY THE WAY!

4. September 25th, 2012 at 1:16 am      Reply bfp2017 Says:

Hi! I’m Brianna and I live in the USA. The state I live in is in Pennsylvania. I like your blog post about your passion about riding horses because I thought it was very interesting and neat. Do you have your own horse? If you do what is it’s name? Honestly I love horse back riding because I did it twice and it was awesome! Anyway, please come check out my blog. http://bfp2017.edublogs.org/ Thanks!

5. September 25th, 2012 at 3:06 pm      Reply Natalie Says:

Brianna,
    Thank you for all your compliments about my blog! I don’t actually own a horse, but I would really love to. I live in the city, and I couldn’t very well have a horse live in my backyard! 🙂 But, as I said in my post above, if I actually did own a horse I could pay to have it live at a stable. I have asked my parents if we could get a horse, but they said no. It can get kind of expensive. The horses are from $6, 000 and up, and some of them still need to be trained. So, for now, I just ride the ones they have there at the stable.
    Natalie <3

6. September 27th, 2012 at 5:41 pm      Reply eef2017 Says:

Hi Natalie! My name is Emily, and I live in the USA. I thought this post was very interesting! I have horses myself and my most favorite thing to do to pass time is ride my horses. I have 2, a thoroughbred paint cross, and a miniature horse. They are both boarded on my aunt’s farm. I as well volunteer at a therapeutic riding center. It’s so much fun! Anyhow, great blog! Check out mine?(:
    http://eef2017.edublogs.org/2012/09/07/my-bucket-list/

7. September 29th, 2012 at 6:56 am      Reply Kristina Says:

Dear Natalie,
    I like your blog and your post is very interesting. I LOVE horses and it’s my dream to have a horse or take care of horses and ride them. But it’s not possible because it’s expensive and there are no stables where I live.
    All the best,
    Kristina from Ukraine

8. September 29th, 2012 at 7:01 am      Reply Kristina Says:

by the way, I can tell you how to say hello in russian. It’s ‘Привет!’ you can add it to your greetings line 🙂

9. November 2nd, 2012 at 1:50 am      Reply mariaapplegate Says:

wow I wish I could go horse back riding it sounds so interesting I’ve never gone horse back riding.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar