Natalie's Blog

Bonjour! Ciao! Hallo! Olá! Kumusta! Привет! Hello!

Challenge Seven: The Sciences

November3

For this challenge we were instructed to write a post about something we were passionate about to do with science. I have decided to write mine about technologies of the future.

How would you like to spend a week in a hotel? What about if that hotel was in space, orbiting earth, thousands of miles away? Or how about a computer that scans your kitchen with lasers and tells you what to make for dinner based on the ingredients you already have? Well, if you like these ideas then you are going to love the future! These are some of the things that people are already working on that will make appearances sometime in this millennium.

There are many hopes for the future in technology. One thing many people are always trying to fix is to give handheld devices longer battery lives. One cool idea that is a solution to this problem is a kinetic energy charger. This is a small device that would clip onto your belt or pocket. It would take energy you emit when you are walking and transfer it via charger cable to your device.

But, not all future technologies are aiming towards cool gadgets and phones. Many future technologies will be based in the medical field, trying to save people’s lives. One of the coolest one sis called nanotechnology. Nanotechnology is basically making technology that is as small as molecules. Millions of nano-bots could fit on a period on this post, and yet, they are fully functioning robots.  Nano-bots will have tiny arms to move atoms and little electric brains. When this technology is fully developed, doctors will be able to put these minuscule robots into people, in the form of an injection or any other means, and the robots can find where the sickness is inside the person. The robots will then destroy the sickness and eventually disintegrate into the person’s body.

People are also trying to create technology that will help the environment  They are trying to find greener alternatives to some of the more harmful things people are doing to the planet. People are always trying to find ways to get green energy. Things they are already doing are wind powered things or solar powered. In the future, they will be trying to make these means more efficient.

So, whether it is saving people’s lives, or simply having really cool gadgets, the future is looking very bright for us. But now, I have some questions for you. Many of these future technologies are created by thinking of a problem that we face and creating a technology that can solve this problem. What is one problem humans have that you can think of, and what technology would you invent to fix this problem?

For more information about this topic, take a look at these websites:

www.futuretimeline.net

itechfuture.com

www.techrepublic.com

Enjoy!

Image source: FlickrCC

Challenge Seven

by posted under Uncategorized | 6 Comments »    
6 Comments to

“Challenge Seven: The Sciences”

1. November 9th, 2012 at 12:56 am      Reply camille2 Says:

This is so cool. Do you think that there will be flying cars. Do you think we will manage to find a way to to time travel.That would be so cool. Right now in our class we are reading a book called ” A Mutiny in Time”.

Write back if you can:)

P.S i really enjoyed reading your blog!!

• November 12th, 2012 at 3:56 pm      Reply Natalie Says:

Hi!
      Thanks for commenting. About your questions, through my research and what I already know about technologies of the future, I think it is highly likely we will eventually have flying cars. That is a classic perception of the future. If you have ever seen the cartoon “The Jetsons” then you will see that they all have flying cars. The reason is that a long time ago, the latest technology was airplanes and helicopters, things that flew. People thought these were really cool. Since this was the latest thing that they thought would become huge. So, when they thought of the future, they thought that technology would grow on what they already had. They pictured more flying thngs, so the thought of flying cars came about. Eventually, someone will try to make them. As far as time travel,that is a really complicated subject. go to This Website To learn morwe about time travel.
      Natalie

2. November 9th, 2012 at 2:37 am      Reply sofia Says:

Wow, I never knew that those were the new technologies that we might see when we get older! That is so coll! This blog reminded me of a game I play with my friend when we are in the car. We’re talking like we’re old grannies about the “new techo stuff”, and in our game we are in the future!

3. November 9th, 2012 at 3:07 am      Reply zackapplegate Says:

I really like your blog and I think that it is very informative. I really can see how much effort that you have put into this and I really like your layout. Good work!

4. November 9th, 2012 at 3:19 am      Reply paul18 Says:

I see you put so much thought about the future! keep up the good work!

5. November 9th, 2012 at 4:23 am      Reply Natalie Says:

Hi Natalie! That is really interesting. Maybe you will invent something in the future. A problem I think needs to be fixed is wasting gasoline. We use it for so many things, especially airplanes, and someday we will run out if we’re not careful. A machine or invention that might fix this problem could be to use something for power that we will never run out of. Maybe someone will invent solar power cars, planes, trains, and other things that run on gasoline.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Challenge 8 – freedom again : Challenge Yourself to Blog

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Hello Everybody!

My name is Natalie, and I live in Ontario, Canada. I am in grade eight. I have many interests. I love horseback riding and reading. I like playing volleyball, and I was on my city’s club volleyball team. I am currently taking tap dancing lessons, which I have been doing since I was3 years old. As I said before, I love reading and I will reading practically anything. My favourite books are The Hunger Games series.  I volunteer at a a horseback riding program for disabled children, and also take riding lessons. I am Catholic, and I attend a catholic school, which I am very thankful for. I love the band One Direction. I like hanging out with my friends.  I have one younger sister named Vanessa. I am on my school’s student council as vice-president, and I love it. My favourite subjects are French and Math. I am very excited to have started blogging!